Sales training is not just an investment into your team; it’s an investment toward sustaining the success of your enterprise.
If you find yourself or your team:
- Overwhelmed by obstacles instead of turning them into opportunities.
- Unable to meet important milestones and goals.
- Unsure of where to start with sales training.
Then it’s time to invest in a proven, cutting-edge sales training program.
But simply picking the first sales trainer you find isn’t going to cut it. That’s why we’ve put together a list of considerations when weighing top sales training companies to find one that fits your exact needs.
How to Choose the Best Sales Training for Your Business
1. Selection Can Be Difficult But Should Not Be Rushed
Finding a sales training program for your business should take some time. Because of this, you shouldn't select a training regimen that guarantees immediate results. It should assist you in properly implementing and testing your sales process over time.
With a sales coaching company that supports post-training opportunities and follow-ups, you’ll ensure your team’s training, techniques, habits, and skills are always being refined over time to give your company a competitive edge.
2. Gather the Right Stakeholders
Selecting a sales training provider is an essential business decision that should involve several internal stakeholders. Since they will be working together with the provider to offer the best education and training solutions, they should be aware of your company's objectives and tactics.
3. Evaluate More Than One Solution
A sales program may not be the ideal option for your team if it is based on a methodology that demands rigorous adherence to its principles. Since every business is unique, the top sales training companies offer customized coaching to fit the specific objectives and sales strategy of your enterprise.
When weighing different training companies, you can use this quick checklist:
- Consider all aspects of your sales team you would like to improve.
- Look for a training company that has a proven track record and best meets your training preferences and needs (i.e., flexible training formats, supplemental resources, post-training reinforcement, etc.).
- Discuss with your team which companies match your business needs the best and will maximize the potential of your salespeople. Don’t just pick the first option that seems to be a good fit. You owe it to yourself and your team to find the perfect match.
4. Ask Important Questions
There are a few questions you should keep in mind to ask each sales training provider, including:
- How will your leaders be involved in the training?
- Does the provider have extensive experience in the industry?
- How is training reinforced over time?
Learn what other questions sales leaders often forget to ask training companies here.
5. Ensure You Have the Right Budget
When creating your sales training budget, there are many factors to consider. Here are a few of the most common ones:
- Will all of your sales representatives attend the training? (Make sure to budget for training managers who will serve as coaches to your sales representatives.)
- How will you define, monitor, and assess the ROI of your sales improvement initiative?
- What method works best for your team?
- How will you cover this cost?
- Will each person receive the same training, or will there be various learning pathways based on each individual’s function or level of experience?
What to Look for When Selecting Sales Training Organizations
Some of the top questions you should ask yourself when selecting between different sales trainers are:
Can the training be customized? Having a training program that can be customized to fit your needs and each salesperson is crucial to the growth of your team and enterprise.
What are clients of the vendor saying? Testimonials and reviews are great places to do preliminary research. See what others in the industry are saying about the sales trainer to ensure you’re giving your team the best training available.
What training formats are available? It’s important to identify which training format would work best for your team’s needs and express that with your sales trainer. Additionally, look for companies that offer post-training opportunities to reinforce your training.
Do they have a track record of results? Identify their past wins and find out if they continue to ensure client success even after the training is done. You want a sales coach on your side who cares about continuous growth.
What industries do they specialize in? Understanding what industries the sales coach has worked and had success in will enable your team to have the most relevant and proven training provided to them.
Why Top Sales Training Companies Choose XINNIX
For over 30 years, XINNIX®, The Academy of Excellence, has been an industry-leading sales training provider across the country for many top enterprise organizations.
But when the pandemic hit, we knew we had to offer even more learning options to accommodate the training needs of businesses.
That’s why we developed our self-directed learning for sales teams across multiple industries.
Self-Directed Learning With XINNIX
A motivated student is more likely to absorb new techniques and knowledge required to perform their jobs more effectively while still developing new interests and talents to prepare for the future. Giving your employees the freedom and space to learn will make them motivated and excited to be a student of your industry.
To achieve these results, technology must support online social interactions and education demands to make learning and development more approachable, engaging, and effective. It must also provide a framework within which these interactions can take place.
A properly thought out and implemented learning management system (LMS) may significantly aid in the learning and growth of your staff. Our self-learning LMS can act as a launch pad for self-directed learning from any location.
It can encourage teamwork, knowledge sharing, and fantastic social learning opportunities by opening up a line of communication between managers and students to share ideas and concepts.
It can also help supervisors recognize accomplishments and allow students to earn certificates. With reporting and analysis, supervisors can assess progress, better understand the unique needs of each student and then tailor their support.
What Is the XINNIX Difference?
The XINNIX difference is an experience like no other and is represented by our Big 3 training program traits:
Training. Our programs enhance the already strong character traits and beliefs of your team, resulting in long-term behavioral and cultural gains.
Accountability. At the conclusion of each session, we give you Accountability To-Dos, such as journaling, self-surveys, assessments, and a step-by-step plan for achieving your objectives.
Coaching. Every step of the student's path involves coaching and opportunities for growth, whether it's a one-on-one conversation following a coaching session or a group call.
Our goal is to develop your staff professionally and personally. We achieve this by improving their expertise in areas that they can use daily. XINNIX is the best professional development firm for top sales training companies because of this higher objective — the XINNIX difference.
What to Expect At Your XINNIX Company Sales Training
Sales training is needed now more than ever. And XINNIX is here to meet your business needs no matter the condition of the economy.
At your sales training with XINNIX, you can expect industry-leading solutions that:
- Create an extraordinary learning experience.
- Equip your team with the top sales techniques and habits.
- Inspire your team and produce unmatched results.
Schedule a consultation to allow our team to help you choose the right program for your needs and transform your enterprise.