New loan officers receive essential mortgage knowledge and guidance from seasoned, former top producers. Through in-depth lessons, quizzes, tests, and a comprehensive exam, Ground School prepares a new loan officer to succeed by laying the foundation of fundamental knowledge while empowering them to expertly speak the language of the mortgage industry.
Essential New Loan Officer Knowledge
Ground School is an online self-paced learning course in which class materials are broken up into manageable lessons, with each module building on the last. Students who follow the recommended 8-hour-day, 5-days-a-week study schedule can complete the program in just three weeks. The program also provides a full communication plan for managers and students that include weekly progress updates via email. Although Ground School is self-paced, students have 3 months to complete the course before their access to online material and support expires.
Ground School consists of:
- 55 essential mortgage banking lessons to provide core industry knowledge
- 55 quizzes and 10 tests to ensure comprehension
- A comprehensive exam to validate knowledge is gained and retained
- A full-time instructor support to clarify questions and provide direction
Ground School lessons cover:
- Mastering Mortgage Math
- Understanding Mortgage Terminology
- Traditional & Niche Loan Products
- Pre-qualifying the Borrower
- Subordinate Financing
- FNMA/FHLMC Guidelines
- FHA/VA Guidelines
- Mastering the Loan Application
- Understanding Credit Reports
- Reconciling Income & Assets
- Personal Tax Return Basics
- Detecting Loan Fraud
- Lending Compliance
… and more.
*Sales Support Professionals should enroll in Ground School only, not the full-length ORIGINATOR program